Sunday, July 16, 2006
David's Letter to the NY Times on the Mumbai Bombings
I am finally published! The NY Times printed a letter I wrote to the editor regarding the recent bombings in Mumbai...
July 16, 2006
Trying Days in Mumbai (1 Letter)
To the Editor:
Re Indias Indestructible Heart, by Naresh Fernandes (Op-Ed, July 12):
The mostly poor people of Mumbai deserve the admiration of the world.
On business in Mumbai last summer, I was caught in the disastrous 26/7 flood. Along with hundreds of thousands of locals, I spent the night stranded among the mostly submerged buses and cars. That day, the streets remained calm, even friendly, in the midst of horrible devastation and general government absence. It is no surprise that we witnessed such resilience and civility again this week.
David Adams
East Grand Rapids, Mich., July 14, 2006
July 16, 2006
Trying Days in Mumbai (1 Letter)
To the Editor:
Re Indias Indestructible Heart, by Naresh Fernandes (Op-Ed, July 12):
The mostly poor people of Mumbai deserve the admiration of the world.
On business in Mumbai last summer, I was caught in the disastrous 26/7 flood. Along with hundreds of thousands of locals, I spent the night stranded among the mostly submerged buses and cars. That day, the streets remained calm, even friendly, in the midst of horrible devastation and general government absence. It is no surprise that we witnessed such resilience and civility again this week.
David Adams
East Grand Rapids, Mich., July 14, 2006
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]